My Photo
Name:
Location: Nashville, Tennessee, United States

Jesus-follower. Husband. Teacher. Avid reader, writer, and sports enthusiast.

Friday, January 27, 2012

Matthew 15--A short prayer


Father, what is there in my life that I feel like is service to you that actually disgusts you? What traditions do I cling to that actually violate your will? Help me God to serve you with not just my lips, but my heart also.


Father, give me the boldness that comes from confidence in your will. Help me to say what needs to be said, when it needs to be said. Thank you, God, for giving me your Spirit so you can use me even when my own abilities fall short.

 I don’t want to be a blind guide, Lord, but I know I can’t see without you. Help me see things as they are. Help me to look past my own perceptions to see the reality in the world.

Strengthen my faith, God, because I know that even that comes from you. Help me to never forget all the miracles you've done in my life, and remove any doubt I might have about the miracles you have planned for the present and future. Amen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home