My Photo
Name:
Location: Nashville, Tennessee, United States

Jesus-follower. Husband. Teacher. Avid reader, writer, and sports enthusiast.

Saturday, January 16, 2010

Trust in God's Wisdom; He Will Heal You

"Be not wise in your own eyes;
fear the LORD , and turn away from evil.
It will be healing to your flesh
and refreshment to your bones."
Proverbs 3:7-8

It's interesting how sometimes certain scriptures reverberate with me. So often, I catch myself trying to sound wise or even trying to be wise. When I trust in my own wisdom, however, I seldom turn away from evil.

Just as much as turning away from evil brings healing to my flesh, so turning toward evil brings destruction to my flesh. My own wisdom has mangled my flesh. Not in any physically observable way, but mangled nonetheless. Through all the times I turned to evil, I have entrenched my flesh in the path towards that evil. My own wisdom, ultimately, leads me down the same path every time.

When I lean on God's wisdom and turn away from evil, I begin to heal.
With each decision to lean on God's wisdom, I become less and less entrenched in the path toward evil, and, bit by bit, the healing continues.

God, help me trust in your wisdom, not my own. Turn me from evil. My flesh needs healing that only you can bring. Help me stay out of your way as you heal and refresh me. Amen.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home